You had me at nachos, seriously. If anyone mentions nachos I’m there! I just love the kind of nachos that are piled high with fixings. This recipe is not only easy but something you’ll want to share with your friends. Or make it at home and have your own party.
I actually was inspired to make this from my neighbor. He brought over a appetizer for the football game. It was so simple. He carried over a sheet pan loaded with chips, onions peppers tomatoes, garlic and cheese. And cooked them at our house. They were so good! And what made them special was the blue corn tortillas chips. I thought they were so unique. So when I found these blue corn tortilla chips at target, I had to recreate it! And these chips even had flax seeds, even better! Throw in the healthy stuff when you can, I guess…
This version is made with 2 kinds of beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions, 2 kinds of cheese, then topped with guacamole and Mexican Crema (my new fav) and you can’t forget cilantro, lots of cilantro. If you would rather make it with meat go for it! With nachos anything goes, right?
Here are some of the ingredients we will be using. Missing the Garlic, Cheeses and Mexican Crema.
- 1 bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Mexican Crema
- Queso fresco
- Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground Ancho Chile powder
How to make Sheet Pan Nachos
- First slice your peppers and onions and add them to a bowl. Then dice up 3 tomatoes and add those to the bowl. And dice 1 jalapino and 2 garlic cloves-minced and 1 handful of cilantro- chopped. And squeeze 1 lime over your tomato, onion, pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure to taste it, and add more salt and cilantro if needed. Let it sit in the fridge while you get your beans are ready.
- Now drain and rinse your beans. Add them to a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. And 1 teaspoon of Ancho chile powder. Toss your beans to mix in your seasoning.
- Get your chips ready by laying parchment paper on a cookie sheet, Or tin foil is ok too. And add the whole bag of Blue corn tortilla chips to your pan.
- First add your bean mixture, spreading it evenly over your chips. Then add your tomato, pepper, onion mixture on top, leaving the juice behind. We don’t want soggy chips, right?
- Now add your cheddar jack cheese (amount to your liking) And top it with some queso fresco.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins just to warm your nachos.
- Now dice up your last tomato. First you’ll want to add your guacamole to the top, then add your tomatoes. And dollops of Mexican Crema, cilantro and some Queso fresco. If you don’t want to use exactly these ingredients, that’s ok! Anything goes with nachos!
- And there you go….Sheet Pan Nachos- Enjoy!!
Share these with your friends or family, or enjoy them alone. All I know is they are delicious!!!!!
Please subscribe, you’ll be notified when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm.
- Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- Quick Cinnamon Rolls
- Mama’s Simple Pot Roast
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mexican Tater Tot Bake
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2019 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved