There is nothing better than oven roasted asparagus, drizzled with olive oil and a hint of lemon. I love how the tops of the asparagus get a little crispy. It’s also one of my kids favorite vegetables. Asparagus is power packed with vitamins and some that we all might be missing. And that doesn’t make us feel good. Including this vegetable in your diet might make a difference for you!
Asparagus is very interesting to grow. We have a little patch in our garden that comes back every year. When you plant it, you have to leave it for a couple years, before you can actually harvest it. But the plus with growing asparagus is every year your patch should get bigger, hopefully. I am definitely looking forward to that!
Last years was our first year we got a little taste. We divided it up like it was the last thing on earth. Let’s just say it was a special event, and they were delicious! Asparagus x 1000.
I do enjoy growing it, but I also like being able to buy it when I want. But asparagus grown in your garden doesn’t compare. I truly think you appreciate it more, when you’ve grow it! If your thinking about growing some, do it now because remember it takes a couple years before it’s ready to harvest. Slow off the bat but hopefully years later, it will be fruitful!
Maybe a recipe will sway you in the right direction….
Oven Roasted Asparagus with lemon
Serving size 4-5
Prep & cook time: 20-30 mins
- 2 Bunches of asparagus
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and dry your asparagus, then cut a inch or 2 off the bottom of your spear.
- Arrange them on your sheet tray, drizzle them with olive oil. Toss. Lay them back down and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then cut a lemon in half and squeeze each half drizzling the lemon juice over the asparagus. Adding some lemon zest will also give them an even more lemony flavor. If you’d like, you can even choose to use lemon zest over the juice.
- Use the other lemon to cut lemon slices for the top.
- Place in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 mins.
Easy and so delicious! Perfect with any meal really. We had ours with mashed potatoes and BBQ chicken. Yum!
Thanks for stopping by! Please share if you think someone else will benefit from this post. Or follow us for more recipes and gardening ideas!
Copyright 2019 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved