Strawberry Jam Muffins
Strawberry Jam Muffins are so delicious!
These Strawberry Jam muffins are topped with a sweet crumble and inside you’ll find just a hint of strawberry jam, with little bits of strawberries throughout. It’s truly a taste of summer!
This muffin brings me back to the time we went strawberry picking as a family. It was a sunny yet breezy day. It was our first experience berry picking, even though I talked about going for years! So as a family we went. They brought the group out to the strawberry fields with a tractor. The view was amazing. Rows upon rows of strawberries. It definitely brought me back to my teenage years, when I worked on a farm. Except we drove around in golf carts. But the feeling was the same.
First experiences are the best! That feeling when your a little unsure of what to do, and then you eventually learn. At the time our little one ate more than she put in the basket, but her red face was a sure sign she had fun!! So if you ever get a chance to go strawberry picking, do it! Even if your not sure what to do. Don’t worry, they will teach you. It’s a great experience!
You can do so much with this amazing little fruit! One of my favorite things to make is some yummy strawberry jam. I’m going to make a point to go strawberry picking this year and guess what, I won’t only be making some jam but also these yummy muffins too!!
Are you wondering how or why this muffin came together in the winter? Well, I was on a mission to use up the strawberries I had bought for Valentine’s Day. My plan was to make some chocolate-dipped strawberries but ran out of time. I couldn’t let them go to waste. I guess you could say, I’m now thinking and looking forward to the summer. Spring couldn’t come soon enough! I am hearing some birds chirping as we speak. For now, make these muffins if you need a little taste of summer!!!
For now, let’s make some Strawberry Jam Muffins.
Don’t miss another Recipe, please subscribe. Follow along as we create more Recipes & dig in the dirt. You’ll be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm. Thanks ❤️April
Strawberry Jam Muffins
Prep time may vary
1 stick of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt
1 cup of diced strawberries
Your favorite strawberry jam
- Sweet crumble topping
2 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
Dash of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Rinse and dice 1 cup of strawberries and set aside.
- Next grab a mixing bowl and add 1 stick of softened unsalted butter. Then add 1 cup of granulated sugar. Cream together using a hand mixer.
- Then add 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix together using a hand mixer. Then set the hand mixer aside.
- Now add the rest of your ingredients… Add 1 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour to the mixing bowl. Then add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Then lastly 1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt. And mix together. The batter will feel thick. That’s ok.
- Once everything is mixed together. Add 1 cup of diced strawberries to the bowl and fold them in. You’ll also want to make the sweet crumble topping. Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted softened butter to a plate, then add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Use a fork to combine everything together. Use a downward motion, dragging the butter through the flour and sugar. It should form crumbles.
- Now grab your muffin tin and add your liners. Start by adding a little spoonful of batter to each cup.
- Then top each one with a little dollop of strawberry jam.
- Next add the rest of the batter to the tops of each muffin. Then sprinkle on the sweet crumble on the top of each muffin. You’ll have extra left over and that’s ok. Just freeze the rest for future muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins. I cooked mine for 20 mins.
- Your house will smell amazing!
Enjoy this taste of summer!!
- The best muffins are the ones right out of the oven, but if you find you have leftovers, just put them in a ziplock bag and into the freezer. When your ready to eat one just warm it up for 1 min in the microwave.
As they cook your house is going to smell amazing!
Look at all the strawberry bits, just wait until you taste them!
I hope you enjoy a little taste of summer, and I hope you can try strawberry picking too! If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with a friend! Thank you!!
If you like making muffins, check out some of my favorites…..
Recent recipes posted…..
- Dill and Potato Soup
- Becoming a Chicken Mama
- Cherry Love Pies
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- Strawberry Nutella Galette
If you like eating healthy and eating with purpose check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved