There is something about black beans that I love. I think it might be because you can make so many meals with them. I do love working with dried beans but being able to open a can to make a quick dinner is so nice! Black beans have become our “go to bean” for making refried beans. First of all it’s the color, and they become so creamy when you blend them. If your looking for a great blender to buy, I recommend a Vitamix. You’ll never go back! Check out this recipe we used these black beans in….Black bean and sweet potato tacos.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Refried Black Beans:
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 clove of garlic -minced
- 1/2 of a red onion- diced
- 1 jalapeño -diced (remove seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper (we used pink peppercorns this time)
- On medium heat start by adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to your saute pan. Then add 1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seeds. Cook them until they start to pop. Then add 1/2 red onion diced, 1 diced jalapeño, and 1 clove of garlic minced. Season with a dash of salt and pepper (we used pink peppercorns this time).
- Drain and rinse 1 can of black beans and add them to your saute pan. Then add 1 cup of vegetable stock. And top it with 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Stir then season with salt and pepper, and let them simmer for 5 mins. Taste the broth, and season if needed.
- Then place them in your blender and puree until smooth.
Then add them back to your saute pan. At this point they are so smooth and creamy. Truly delicious!! Leave them on simmer low and cover until you are ready to use them.
Since we love meatless meals, and plus the fact we have a vegetarian in the house, we love cooking with beans. They can be a great replacement for meat. They are so healthy, and can actually save you money.
We love using these beans on tacos, burritos, tostadas, and even nachos.
Thanks for stopping by!
Don’t miss another Recipe, please subscribe below.
Find other Recipes….
- Kale with Lemon & Hemp Seeds
- Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Salad
- Strawberry Jam Muffins
- Chocolate chip and Toffee Cookies
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
Copyright 2019 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved