Strawberry Nutella Galette
This Strawberry Nutella Galette is for all you chocolate-dipped strawberry fans. With each bite, you will experience an intense burst of fresh strawberries, some chocolate, and a sweet buttery crust. It’s an easy dessert that you can throw together for someone you love.Jump to Recipe
Since Valentine’s Day is weeks away, I wanted to share a dessert that involved something red, chocolaty, and something easy you can make your loved ones for Valentine’s Day. Well, this Strawberry Nutella Galette fits the criteria to a tee. Valentine’s Day is very special to me, it’s not only the day my firstborn came into this world, but it’s also the day of love. I think we all should celebrate that with a delicious dessert! I know I will!
With this recipe, we are going to keep it super easy by using a premade crust. The Nutella is evenly spread on the top of the crust and then topped with sliced strawberries. Those strawberries are extra special because they are tossed in sugar and allowed the time to macerate. That makes the strawberries super sweet and delicious! The edges of the crust are folded over, brushed with butter, dusted with sugar, and baked to perfection.
The juice leftover from the strawberries will be reduced over medium heat to create a sticky strawberry sauce. It will be used to drizzle on the top of your galette after it’s cooked. That sauce will give the Galette that added sweet fresh berry flavor. It’s the perfect addition to this dessert. You can find the Strawberry Nutella Galette “how-to” Video on my Youtube Channel.
If you remember a while back I shared my Apple Galette recipe. If you enjoyed that galette, I think you’re going to love this one too! You can find the Apple Galette “how-to video” on my Youtube channel.
I’m not a huge baker, but I do enjoy making simple desserts, like muffins, and banana bread from time to time. That’s why I love making these galettes, they are pretty easy to make, and if you make them with a premade crust they are so quick to put together…
Speaking of not being a baker, I’ve never made an apple pie before. These Galettes are actually the closest thing I’ve made to an apple pie. I guess I’ve been a little spoiled by my grandma’s apple pie over the years. If you’re not a usual pie maker like me. I think you should give a galette a try. They are so close to a pie but made in a rustic kind of way. Maybe that’s my style anyways?
Did you know there are several kinds of galettes you can make? Some are sweet and others are savory. The first time I saw a Galette, I was blown away by its beauty. If you can try to imagine how beautiful a tomato galette would be with the beautiful varieties of tomatoes. I’m definitely going to be making one of those when I have piles of tomatoes this summer. Oh, I can’t wait!! I’m dreaming up different galettes as we speak!
This Strawberry Nutella Galette could be made for Valentine’s day but it would also be a delicious thing to make after a day of strawberry picking. Can you imagine how delicious freshly picked strawberries would be in this recipe? Oh, wow, your family would LOVE you!! Enough now. Let’s get going with this recipe!
-1/2 cup of Nutella
-2 Cups of sliced strawberries
-1 Premade Pillsbury Crust
-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar + extra to sprinkle on the edges of the crust
-2 Tablespoons Melted Butter- used to baste the outside of the crust
–Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
–Gather all your ingredients, Wash and slice your strawberries, you’ll need 2 cups. Measure your Nutella, you’ll need 1/2 cup. 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar + a little extra to sprinkle on the crust. 2 tbsp of unsalted butter. Note: The pie crust should be at room temp, not frozen.
–First, you’ll want to macerate your strawberries. This is very important. They should be washed, sliced, and placed in a bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar on top and mix thoroughly. Let them sit in the fridge for 30 mins.
–Prep the pie crust-While the strawberries are in the fridge, grab a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Roll out the pie crust and lay it on the sheet pan. Spread the 1/2 cup of Nutella evenly on the top of the pie crust. Note: Leave an inch margin around the pie crust.
–Let the strawberries sit for 30 mins– you’ll want to remove the strawberries from their juices. Lay the strawberries on top of the Nutella. Evenly space them out. Note: Save that juice, later you will be reducing it on medium heat to create a delicious strawberry glaze for the top of your galette.
–Fold the edges over so it overlaps the chocolate by one inch. Baste the edges with melted butter and sprinkle generously with granulated sugar. Wipe off any butter or sugar that spilled on the sheet pan. Cook for approx 25 mins at 425 degrees.
–Cool before cutting– When you take the Galette out of the oven it’s going to be super hot and bubbling. Be careful when removing it from the oven. You might notice some of the chocolate might spill out. That’s ok.
-Reduce the strawberry sauce on medium heat. You’ll want to continue to stir the liquid until it thickens. It will start to bubble and that’s when you’ll notice the sauce starting to change to a sticky consistency. Turn the heat off and stir, it’s ready.
–Drizzle the strawberry sauce over the galette– Start with the edges of the crust and then drizzle it over the whole galette. Note: The sauce shouldn’t be runny it should be thick.
–Ready to serve-This Strawberry Nutella Galette tastes so good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I cut mine into 4 pieces. But if you have a larger group you can cut it into smaller pieces. Enjoy!!
I hope you guys can make this delicious Strawberry Nutella Galette. I love how easily and quickly this recipe came together. If you liked this recipe, please share it and then send them back to this blog! Keep scrolling and you’ll find the recipe card to pin or print. Enjoy!
Strawberry Nutella GaletteCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 Cups of Slices Strawberries
1/2 Cup of Nutella
2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar + extra to sprinkle on the crust
1 Premade Pie Crust
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees & gather all your ingredients. Wash and slice your strawberries and add them to a bowl. Measure 1/2 cup of Nutella, and 2 tbsp of granulated sugar, and take your premade pie crust out of the fridge to sit at room temp for at least 15 mins before unrolling.
- First, you’ll want to macerate your strawberries. Your 2 cups of sliced strawberries should be in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of granulated sugar over the top and mix them together. Let them sit in the fridge for 30 mins. This process helps the strawberries release their juices. That prevents it from oozing out when your cooking the galette plus we’ll be using that liquid to create the strawberry glaze to drizzle on top.
- Prep the pie crust. Grab a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper or use a silicon mat. Roll out the pie crust and lay it on the sheet pan. Spread the 1/2 cup of Nutella evenly on the top of the pie crust, leaving an inch margin around the pie crust.
- After the 30 mins are up, you’ll want to remove the strawberries from their juices. Lay the strawberries on top of the Nutella. Evenly space them out. Make sure you save that juice. Later we will reduce it to make the strawberry glaze used to drizzle on top.
- Fold the edges over so it overlaps the chocolate by one inch. Baste the edges with melted butter and sprinkle it generously with granulated sugar. Wipe off any butter or sugar that may have spilled on the sheet pan. Cook for approx 25 mins at 425.
- Reduce the strawberry sauce on medium heat. Continue to stir the liquid until it thickens. When it starts to bubble you know the liquid is almost ready, remove from heat and when the Galette is done cooking you’ll be drizzling it on the crust of the galette and over the top.
- Cool before cutting. When you take the galette out of the oven be careful because it’s going to be super hot and bubbling. You might even see some chocolate ooze out. That’s ok. Still tastes the same. Drizzle with the strawberry sauce and then cut it into 4 pieces or if you have a bigger group cut the pieces smaller and serve with some vanilla ice cream.
- You can find the How to video on our Youtube Channel.
Hungry for more? Subscribe by Email 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻
1 thought on “Strawberry Nutella Galette”