Simple Homemade Guacamole
This Simple Homemade Guacamole is so easy to make. Your going to love it!
My family loves guacamole. It has such a great flavor combination with the avocados, garlic, jalapeno, a pile of cilantro with a squeeze of lime. Really, what’s not to love. It’s one of those simple, healthy dishes that’s so easy to make. We love it so much in our house, That’s why we always try to have some avocados on hand at home. Avocados are not only healthy but can be used in so many things!
Another favorite thing to make with them is Avocado toast. I tried it a couple years ago and oh my goodness, where have I been. I couldn’t believe I was just discovering this now! Guess what? My little one loves avocado toast too! I know there are many ways to make it, but all I do is toast some bread and spread on the good stuff. Then sprinkle on some salt and pepper and Bon appetite! Simple, but oh so good! Now if I could just have a avocado tree in my backyard!
I know Guacamole can vary. Some make it with tomatoes and onions. And others may add in some cream cheese. I can’t say I dislike any variety. I mean, they all involve avocados. They are all good! We just make ours this way because it’s simple, just like my avocado toast.
Back to that Guacamole… My husband makes the best! Not just guacamole, but also homemade salsa. When we have a gathering, can you guess what we love to make? Yep, you guessed it. Our guac and salsa. I’ll have to fill you in later on that salsa. I always joke with my husband that someday we will be selling it in the store, but first let’s show you how to make some yummy Guacamole.
Let’s get started!
Simple Homemade Guacamole
Serving size 4
Prep time 15-20 mins
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- juice of half a lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper- seeds removed
- salt & pepper
- about 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
If your making it for a larger group just add more avocados and increase the garlic, lime juice and cilantro and season to taste. Simple as that! If it doesn’t taste right just add more.
Also don’t attempt to make guacamole if your avocados are not ripe. Nothing can fix that. My husband describes it like a unripe banana. It just doesn’t taste right.
Avocados are tricky to pick, and I hate when you buy them thinking they are good. Only to cut into them, and they are brown. So disappointing! They should be soft but not squishy. The hard ones need to sit longer.
Simple Homemade GuacamoleDifficulty: Easy
This guacamole is simple to make and so delicious!
2 ripe avocados
2 cloves of garlic- minced
Juice of 1/2 or whole lime
1 jalapeno pepper- seeds removed
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
Salt & Pepper
- First slice your avocado in half, remove the pits. Then use a knife to score each avocados like this….
- Then scoop it into the bowl. Do that with both of your avocados.
- Next dice 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Now it’s time to wash and remove the seeds from your jalapeno pepper. Then dice it and add it to your bowl.
- Next wash and chop your fresh cilantro. You’ll need about 2 tablespoons but feel free to add more.
- Now squeeze some lime juice on top. You’ll need 1/2 a lime or more. Depends how juicy your lime is.
- Lastly, add salt & pepper and stir and mash everything together. Now taste it. Season if needed.
- If your making it for a larger group just add more avocados, and increase the garlic, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno. Then season to taste. Simple as that!
I hope you enjoy this simple but delicious guacamole recipe. If you like this recipe, please share it with a friend! Thank you!
Recipes to use this guacamole…
Sheet pan nachos is one of my favorites on City Foodie Farm.
More Recipes to try…
- Crispy Smashed Red Potatoes
- 8 MN Restaurants to get takeout from during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Creating a Pollinator-Friendly Yard
- Spring Has Sprung
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken & Veggies
If you would like to be notified when something new is posted, please subscribe. Thank you!
If you love eating healthy check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved