Hershey’s Chocolate Egg Cookies
These Hershey’s Chocolate Egg Cookies are so good!!
These Hershey’s Chocolate Egg cookies have one of the best Easter ingredients stirred in. Can you guess by the title? If you haven’t tried Hershey’s Chocolate Eggs then you need to. They are one of my favorite Easter Candies. Well, I guess I do have way too many favorites. These Hershey’s chocolate eggs are high on my list!
In these cookies, the chocolate eggs are crushed and the bits of chocolate and candy pieces are then mixed in the cookie dough. It’s the best of both worlds, chocolate eggs and cookies together in one.
I was at Target the other week and all I could find were bags of these eggs that were all crushed and it truly got me thinking. That’s when I came up with this idea. These eggs would be so good in a cookie. I still looked towards the back and found some that weren’t broken to make these cookies. But in hindsight, I could have just used the broken ones. So if you ever see broken ones, you’ll know exactly what to do! You can turn them into some delicious cookies!!
I’ve loved these eggs since I was a teenager… Actually I think these are my mom’s absolute favorite!! We always had these growing up. I guess you could say we all have a sweet tooth in my family. So these cookies hit the spot when you’re trying to get your Easter Candy fix!! These cookies really remind me of a bakery cookie. And they are so pretty with all the different colors of candy shells mixed in! They are definitely a cookie to try this Easter Season!
Follow along as we create more recipes and dig in the dirt. Please subscribe to be notified when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm!
Hershey's Chocolate Egg CookiesRecipe by City Foodie Farm
Serving size, prep & cooking time may vary
1 stick of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup crushed Hershey chocolate eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. First add 1 stick of softened unsalted butter to your mixing bowl, then add 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cream together. Next add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and combine.
- Then add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and mix and combine.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the mixing bowl. And lastly 2 cups of all purpose flour then mix on low.
- Once everything is combined, you’ll need to crush your Hershey eggs. I used a coffee cup to crush them. You’ll need 1 cup. Or more if desired. Then add them to the dough and mix them in.
- Next grab a sheet tray. I also use a baking mat. Use a cookie scoop or form your dough into balls and place on tray. Give them space because they do spread out! I put 6 on my tray.
- Cook them at 350 for 12-14 mins. Check them at about 10 mins. They should be ready when you notice the edges will start to brown.
- Then let them cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Instead of 1 cup of crushed eggs, you could try using the whole bag for a extra chocolaty cookie!!
I hope these cookies become a favorite Easter treat!! If you like this recipe, please share it with a friend!
If you love cookies, check out another favorite of mine on City Foodie Farm…..
Recent posts on City Foodie Farm….
- Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
- Summer Garden Baked Rigatoni
- Baked Goat Cheese Pasta Dish
- Crispy Taco Seasoned Potatoes
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
If you love eating healthy and eating for a purpose check out Medical Medium. I love his books!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved