Chocolate chip and Toffee Cookies
These Chocolate Chip and Toffee Cookies are so delicious….
Are you a chocolate chip cookie fan? I know I am. These Cookies are like a chocolate chip cookie but better because they also have toffee. With these cookies the chocolate and toffee go so good together! They kind of remind me of a Skor bar. Now imagine that flavor in a cookie. And not just any cookie, this cookie is so soft when you bite into it. You’ll find semi sweet chocolate chips with bits of English toffee. It’s the exact flavors I was hoping for. I recently made this cookie for my sister’s birthday. Instead of buying her a gift, I thought I would make something from my heart. Because sometimes, those kinds of gifts are better anyways, right? BTW she loved them!
Since then, I’ve played around with the recipe a bit, to make them even better. They remind me of eating a Skor bar as a kid. If your not familiar with a Skor bar. It’s like a Heath bar but thinner. My sister and I loved Skor bars growing up. And we would always bike up to Tom Thumb or pick them out when we got our Friday treat. I remember always checking the candy bar to make sure it wasn’t broken before buying it. And I loved eating the chocolate off first to enjoy just the toffee. These cookies definitely bring me back to my childhood! And I’ll show you how to make these delicious cookies!
You’ll want to start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees….
Can you find the little bits of toffee? Mmm….This is actually the first time using my new cookie scoop. It was a gift from my husband.
With the new scoop, I’m making slightly larger cookies. I normally cook 9 cookies on a sheet tray. But with this recipe I wasn’t sure if they would spread out while cooking, and they did. So make sure to give them a little space.
Chocolate Chip & Toffee CookiesRecipe by City Foodie Farm
The prep time may vary. The number of cookies, depends on the size your making. This batch will make roughly 15-18 cookies. Cook time is 10-12 mins per batch. You’ll be cooking 2-3 batches.
1 stick of unsalted softened butter
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of flour
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of english toffee bits
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees, Add 1 stick of unsalted softened butter to your mixing bowl. Then add 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Then cream everything together. Next add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. And mix everything together.
- Now it’s time to add 2 eggs, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Then mix together.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, then 1/2 teaspoon of salt. And add 2 cups of all purpose flour. Then mix together.
- Now add 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of english toffee bits. And mix together.
- Now your cookie dough is ready. You can use a cookie scoop or form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I used a silicon baking mat. They work great! Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 mins. You’ll notice the edges of your cookies will start to darken. That’s when they are ready to pull out of the oven.
Look at all those toffee bits. Don’t they look delicious?! Guys, these cookies are so good!! Can’t wait for you to try them!
Make sure you’ve got some milk on hand. I guarantee you’ll want more than one! If you like this recipe, please make sure to share it with a friend.
If you would like to be notified when something new is posted, please make sure to follow us. And if you make one of our recipes, we would love to hear from you! Please share a picture and tag us on Instagram @ #cityfoodiefarm or follow and tag us on Facebook @ City Foodie Farm. Thanks for stopping by!
If your a fan of these cookies you need to try our Oatmeal Raisin breakfast cookies. They are the best! Eat them not just for breakfast but as a treat too!
- Crispy Smashed Red Potatoes
- 8 MN Restaurants to get takeout from during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Creating a Pollinator-Friendly Yard
- Spring Has Sprung
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken & Veggies
If your a fan of eating healthy or eating with a purpose. Check out Medical Medium. I love his books!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved