Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is our version of Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so soft and so delicious!!
Are you wondering why I’m calling these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies? My family has been begging me to make just plain classic chocolate chip cookies since I started my blog. You know that recipe that is always on the back of the bag. That used to always be my go to recipe for years! Today I just couldn’t do it. I guess I’m always in a mode of always creating, because you see I’ve been having fun putting together my own recipes and seeing what happens.
Well, today I stuck with a combo I’ve used with some of my other cookies. Actually the more recent Hershey’s chocolate egg cookies. I used the same ingredients but instead added some semi sweet chocolate chips. These cookies are made with 1 stick of butter and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. And guess what? They turned out delicious!! So these my friends I will share. They are my version of a Classic chocolate chip cookie.
Since a lot of us are home anyways, with this Covid-19 situation. It’s a great time to try a new cookie recipe, and your family will thank you! Just make sure you’ve got some milk on hand.
Don’t miss another Recipe, please subscribe. You’ll be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm! Thank you!!
First you’ll need to gather all your ingredients….
- 1 stick of unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
Now preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Start by adding 1 stick of butter to your mixing bowl. Then 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cream together. Lastly add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and mix together.
Next add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and combine together. Now add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 2 cups of flour and combine. Lastly add 1 bag of chocolate chips and mix together on low until they are mixed throughout.
That’s it! Your cookie dough is ready!!
Look at all those chocolate chips!! Mmmmm
Now it’s time to make your cookies!
I used a cookie scoop to form mine. Grab a sheet tray and line it with some parchment paper or a silicon mat. I hate it when cookies touch so I gave my cookies some room to spread out. I spaced them 2 rows of 3.
You’ll want to bake them at 350 degrees for 12-13 mins.
You’ll know when they are done because the edge will start to brown
Don’t they look delicious!
You’ll be cooking about 3-4 batches of 6, about 18-21 cookies to be exact. But they won’t last long because they are so good!! My family kept eating the ones that were cooled. I let mine cool and stored them in a zip lock bag. You can also freeze them!
Don’t forget to pin this Recipe on Pinterest or share it on Facebook!
Classic Chocolate Chip CookiesRecipe by City Foodie FarmCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Prep & Cook time will vary
1 stick of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of flour
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Start by adding 1 stick of butter to your mixing bowl. Then 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cream together. Then add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and mix together.
- Next add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and combine together.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 2 cups of flour and combine.
- Then add 1 bag of chocolate chips and mix together on low until they are mixed throughout.
- Now your cookie dough is ready. Grab a cookie sheet and line it with a silicon mat or parchment paper. I used a cookie scoop to form my cookies but you don’t have to.
- Give your cookies some room to spread out. I did 2 rows of 3.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 12-13 mins. You’ll know when they are done because the edges will start to brown.
Recipe Card plugin by WPZOOM
Well, I hope you enjoy my version of a classic chocolate chip cookie. If you liked this recipe, please share it with a friend!
Here’s the Hershey’s Chocolate Egg Cookies I was talking about. Mmmm
Check out more Recipes on City Foodie Farm
- Crispy Smashed Red Potatoes
- 8 MN Restaurants to get takeout from during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Creating a Pollinator-Friendly Yard
- Spring Has Sprung
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken & Veggies
If you like eating healthy and with a purpose, check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved