Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is our version of Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are so soft and so delicious!!
Are you wondering why I’m calling these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies? My family has been begging me to make just plain classic chocolate chip cookies since I started my blog. You know that recipe that is conveniently on the back of the bag. That was always my go to recipe for years!
Today I just couldn’t do it. I guess I’m always in a mode of creating. Now that I have my blog, I’ve been having fun putting together my own recipes and seeing what happens. Sometimes they don’t work out but when they do it’s an amazing feeling.
Well, today I stuck with the recipe I used with some of my other cookies. Actually the more recent Hershey’s chocolate egg cookies. I used the same ingredients but instead of the chocolate eggs, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. These cookies are made with 1 stick of butter and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. And guess what? They turned out delicious!! I am so excited to share. They are my version of a Classic chocolate chip cookie.
Since a lot of us are home with this Covid-19 situation. It’s a great time to try a new cookie recipe, and your family will thank you! Just make sure you’ve got some milk on hand, you’re going to need it!!
Don’t miss another Recipe, please subscribe. You’ll be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm! Thank you!!
First, you’ll need to gather all your ingredients…
- 1 stick of unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Start by adding 1 stick of butter to your mixing bowl. Then 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cream together. Lastly, add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and combine.
Next, add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and combine them together. Now add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 2 cups of flour and combine. Lastly, add 1 bag of chocolate chips and mix together on low until they are mixed throughout.
You should now have a bowl of cookie dough that’s ready to cook!! 😋
Look at all those chocolate chips!! Mmmmm
Now it’s time to make your cookies!
I used a cookie scoop to form mine. Grab a sheet tray and line it with some parchment paper or a silicon mat. I hate when cookies touch, so I gave them some room to spread out. I spaced them into 2 rows of 3.
You’ll want to bake them at 350 degrees for 12-13 mins.
You’ll know when they are done because the edge will start to brown.
Don’t they look delicious!
You’ll be cooking about 3-4 batches of 6, about 18-21 cookies. But they won’t last long because they are so good!! My family kept eating the ones that were cooled. I let mine cool and stored them in a zip-lock bag. You can also freeze them!
Don’t forget to pin this Recipe on Pinterest or share it on Facebook!
Classic Chocolate Chip CookiesRecipe by City Foodie FarmCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Prep & Cook time will vary
1 stick of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of flour
1 bag of semi weet chocolate chips
- Start by adding 1 stick of butter to your mixing bowl. Then 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cream together. Then add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and mix together.
- Next, add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and combine them together.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 cups of flour and combine.
- Then add 1 bag of chocolate chips and mix together on low until they are mixed throughout.
- Now your cookie dough is ready. Grab a cookie sheet and line it with a silicon mat or parchment paper. I used a cookie scoop to form my cookies but you don’t have to.
- Give your cookies some room to spread out. I did 2 rows of 3.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 12-13 mins. You’ll know when they are done because the edges will start to brown.
- These cookies taste delicious stored in the freezer!!
Well, I hope you enjoy my version of a classic chocolate chip cookie. If you liked this recipe, please share it with a friend!
Here are the Hershey’s Chocolate Egg Cookies I was talking about. Mmmm 😋
Check out more Recipes on City Foodie Farm
- Dill and Potato Soup
- Becoming a Chicken Mama
- Cherry Love Pies
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- Strawberry Nutella Galette
If you like eating healthy and with a purpose, check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2023-City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved