Creamy Tomato and Kale Linguine
This pasta dish is mouth watering delicious. The little tomatoes and kale are sautéed with garlic and olive oil. And the noodles are tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette, and the goat cheese gives them that creamy consistency. Finished with crispy kale and a dusting of Parmesan cheese. One taste and you’ll be begging for more. I know I was….
It’s one of those meals you’ll want to make with that box of noodles, that’s been hanging around for awhile. And if you’ve recently made some kale chips, you’ll be ready to top this dish. And if you’ve already ate them all, well it’s your excuse to make some more.
And this would be a wonderful garden to table meal. Think of making this dish in the summer, and all the tomatoes and kale you could use. We love growing tomatoes in the garden and kale of course. Mmm I can’t wait!!
Serving size 2-3, if your cooking for a family just double the recipe. Easily done in a larger pan.
•Start your kale chips right now. See our recipe for kale chips.
•Then start your linguine noodles. They take longer than an angel hair pasta noodle.
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions for making the vinaigrette:
- Add your minced garlic, mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, and a dash of salt and pepper to the bowl and whisk together. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking together. Continue to whisk it until you have a creamy consistency.
Ingredients for the pasta:
- 1/2 box of Linguine
- 1 cup or 16 little tomatoes cut in half (multicolored)
- 1 bunch of Kale from the store or your garden (1/2 cup in pasta) rest make kale chips to garnish the dish- see our recipe
- 2 cloves of Garlic sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Crumbled goat cheese
- Parmesan cheese grated from a block
- Dash of Red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions for the pasta:
•Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat for a minute. Add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a minute or until the garlic starts to brown.
•Add in tomatoes (off heat) the liquid will cause flare ups. Return to heat and add in the kale. Sauté until tomatoes start to soften. And the kale wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
•Then add in the cooked linguine noodles. And toss to combine with the tomatoes and kale. Remove pan from heat once everything is warmed through.
Add in goat cheese. Toss until it melts into a creamy sauce that costs the noodles. Add about 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Toss and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese and top with kale chips. Serve immediately.
I think you’ll love this one!
If you want to be notified when a new recipe is posted, please subscribe. Thank you!!
- Dill and Potato Soup
- Becoming a Chicken Mama
- Cherry Love Pies
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- Strawberry Nutella Galette
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2019-2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved