Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Move over pancakes because maple syrup has a new dish. This Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Bacon are so good! If you are a Brussels Sprouts fan like me, then you gotta try this one. We usually just toss our Brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them in the oven. But this one my friends is something I needed to share. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
Have you ever tried candied bacon? I can’t honestly say I have, but when I tasted this dish, I immediately acted as if I had. I’ll describe it like this….it’s like little crunchy bits of yumminess. If that’s a word? Or maybe I just made it up, but I’m sure you get the idea! It’s a signal for you to grab these ingredients and start making this delicious recipe. I think most of you will agree if there’s bacon in the tile, you are already in…
- 3 (12 oz) bags of Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices of bacon
- Maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- You’ll want to cut 4 strips of bacon into lardons (small pieces) and spread them on a sheet tray. Cook for about 10 mins or until the fat starts to render. Pull them out before they get crispy. Allow the pan to cool while preparing the Brussels Sprouts.
- Next, peel off the outer leaves to remove dark spots or blemishes on the Brussels Sprouts. Leave them whole, and cut the bottom stem off.
- When your bacon is done. Add your Brussels Sprouts to the sheet tray and toss them in the bacon bits, and the bacon fat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Now drizzle your Brussel Sprouts with Maple syrup. Just like you would with olive oil. Make sure they are covered, then toss.
- Now place them in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 mins, until you can see some color. You’ll notice the maple syrup on the sheet tray will turn brown, your Brussels sprouts should be soft and your bacon bits should be crispy.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and toss one last time before transferring to a serving bowl.
Now you’re ready to eat…
I hope you can give Brussels Sprouts a try because they are truly delicious!! If you like this recipe, please share it with a friend!
More Brussels Sprouts to try…
Please subscribe, you’ll be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm.
- Dill and Potato Soup
- Becoming a Chicken Mama
- Cherry Love Pies
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
- Strawberry Nutella Galette
If you love eating healthy, check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved