Cherry Almond Oatmeal Bars
We’ve got another Oatmeal Bar Recipe for you! If you loved the first one I shared, I am certain you will love this one too! Again, they are made with no eggs or dairy. And made with all the good stuff! Like oats, dried sweetened cherries, sliced almonds, chia seeds, honey and silk coconut milk. If your like me, the morning can get busy. And these Oatmeal bars make busy mornings possible. If you have them ready in the freezer, all you really need is 1 min to heat them up. And it’s go time! I am a last min gal. Yes, I push everything to the last min. So that’s why these babies work for me. And sometimes another smoothie doesn’t seem too appealing. At least these oatmeal bars are made with healthy ingredients.
If you’ve read my last recipe or if you haven’t, I’ll fill you in on the back story of these oatmeal bars. I came across them on good old pinterest many years ago. And I’ve shared them with anyone I could. I’m sure my family remembers. They got me through some long work days because I would heat them up as a snack to avoid the vending machine. Yes, they are very portable.
Can you tell I love them? My mission is to come up with many different varieties of these things. Last week it was Pumpkin Seed & Cranberry, and now it’s Cherry Almond. I just might have another idea in mind…so stay tuned!
I’ll post the original recipe from Kath Eats down below so you can see where the idea came from. I’ve changed some stuff over the years and that’s what I’m sharing with you.
- 2 Cups Old fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup Dried Sweetened Cherries
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Almond Extract
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Silk Coconut Milk (found in the milk section)
- Coconut Oil (to grease your pan)
How to make the Oatmeal Bars
If you like it, please give us a thumbs up and subscribe for more videos
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Start with a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of oats, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1/2 cup dried sweetened cherries, 1/4 cup chia seeds. Then 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of Almond extract. Then add 1/4 cup of honey and 1 1/2 cups of silk coconut milk.
- Stir everything together.
- Now get your pan ready. I used a glass baking dish 8 x 11. Grease your pan with some coconut oil. I smeared it around the pan with a paper towel. Making sure it was coated.
- Now pour your oatmeal mixture into your greased baking dish. Flatten and smooth out your mixture with a spoon.
- Add dried cherries and Sliced almonds to the top sparingly.
- Place your baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins.
- Then take it out, and let it cool before cutting your oatmeal bars.
- Cut them into 8 equal bars.
- Then wrap them in parchment paper, and put them into a ziplock bag and into the freezer for future breakfasts or snacks.
- When your ready to eat them, just place them in the microwave for 1 min wrapped in the parchment paper or a paper towel. And they are warmed up and ready to eat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me. If you want to see where I originally found this recipe years ago check out Kath Eats https://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-oatmeal-snack-bars As you can tell mine have been tweaked over the years, but I’m so thankful I stumbled across these when I did!! I’ve really enjoyed these over the years!! If you find this recipe useful, please share it with a friend!
To be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm. Please subscribe.
- Strawberry Nutella Galette
- Garlic and Herb Chicken
- Winter Quinoa Salad
- Holiday Cheese Ball
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved