This stuff has a sweet and nutty flavor, and just the right crunch. I’ve heard good things about both of these seeds. They are perfect to add to salads and tacos or even to snack on. We recently made some for our sweet potato tacos. And it was delicious!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup water (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Pepitas
- Put 1/8 cup water and 1/4 cup granulated sugar into a saute pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the sugar melts and starts to turn golden brown.
- Then mix in the seeds -2 tablespoons sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons pepitas.
- Once the seeds are coated season with salt and pour on parchment paper. If you forget the parchment paper this mixture will get stuck on your plate. I know from past experience haha.
- Press into a thin layer.
- Allow to cool before you break into small pieces.
I think you’ll agree, these can be a great addition to many meals. Check out this recipe we used it in….Black bean and sweet potato tacos.
Don’t miss another Recipe, please subscribe.
- Kale with Lemon & Hemp Seeds
- Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Salad
- Strawberry Jam Muffins
- Chocolate chip and Toffee Cookies
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
Thanks for stopping by!!
Copyright 2019-2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved