This Easy Apple Galette is packed with amazing apple flavor! It’s simple and so delicious!
You might be wondering what is an Apple Galette?
Well, let me introduce you to this delicious apple dessert. If you’ve ever seen an apple galette I think you’d remember its beauty. With an apple galette it’s not like a classic apple pie. It doesn’t have that layer of crust on top that covers the apples. With an apple galette it typically has sliced apples that are arranged beautifully. Another key thing about an apple galette is the pie crust doesn’t cover the top, instead the edges are folded over in a rustic kind of way.
In this recipe it’s made a little different from the classic one. This version has diced apples. It’s still pretty but in an imperfect way, just how I like it! That’s why I also call it a rustic apple pie. I think you’ll be amazed at the flavors in this dessert! Just wait until you try it!
Let me be honest, I’ve never made an apple pie.
I’ve seen recipes of apple pies and have always wanted to try making one but I’ve always been a tad bit intimidated by the process. Does anyone else feel the same way? That’s the main reason I’m starting my pie making journey with this Apple Galette. Someday I’ll try making an apple pie from scratch using a pie pan but for now I’ll leave the pan for other desserts like my dark chocolate chunk banana bread.
This recipe was so fun to create. My favorite part of this recipe was being able to use the left over apple juices left in the pan to make the apple glaze. I have to say I’m pleased with the flavors with this dessert. It definitely reminds me of an apple pie but way more flavorful. It’s all about the apples in this dessert. In this recipe I used honey crisp apples. I feel they give this apple galette the right amount of sweetness . Let me tell you, I would love another bite!
I hope you understand why I chose to use a pre made crust.
For one… I wanted to make this recipe as simple as possible. I really wanted to share a dessert with you that was easy to make. One you aren’t intimidated to make like I’ve been with making apple pies. A homemade dessert you can easily make when you’re busy. Sometimes we don’t have the time. Instead of picking up an apple pie at the store you’ll be able to easily make this at home and share it with your loved ones. This will be a dessert you’ll be proud of!
With this recipe you will simply…
Dice your apples, add the juice of 1 lemon, sugar and spices and then let your apples cook for a couple mins to release their apple juices (we’ll be reducing those juices down to make the apple glaze). Next you’ll want to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay your pre-made pie crust on top. Just make sure your pre-made crust has been sitting out at room temperature for at least 15 mins so it’s easily foldable. I stretched the edges gently to make it a tad bit bigger.
Next sprinkle on some sugar on the top of your pie crust and then add your apples. Make sure to drain off the liquid before adding them to the center of the pie crust. Next fold the outer edge of the pie crust (about 1 1/2 inches) over the apples. Gently tuck and fold. Next brush the edges with melted butter. Lastly sprinkle the edges and the top of your apples with some sugar. You’ll want to cook your apple galette at 425 degrees for 25-30 mins.
As your dessert cooks you’ll want to get your Apple glaze ready. With the liquid still in the pot you’ll want to reduce it down by cooking it on medium to high heat until you achieve a thicker consistency. As the sugar cooks and heats up you’ll notice the liquid start to thicken. When you feel you’ve reached the perfect consistency simply add it to a cup and set it aside.
When your apple galette is done cooking and as it cools you can drizzle that apple glaze on top. Simply warm up your apple glaze by placing it in the microwave for 40 seconds or until you find it at the right consistency to drizzle it on the top of your apple galette. When you’re ready for dessert you can simply warm it up by putting it back in the oven for 5-10 mins to warm it up or put a slice in the microwave. We served ours with vanilla ice cream and it was so delicious!
To my surprise this recipe was so simple and delicious!
I just made this Apple Galette for my family for our thanksgiving dessert and I was blown away just how easy it was to make. If you think this version of an apple galette sounds good and you would like to make it please check out the recipe card below….
Easy Apple GaletteDifficulty: Easy
5 honey crisp apples- peeled with a medium dice
The juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar + extra used to sprinkle
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of all spice
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 pre-made pie crust
- Start with taking your pre-made pie crust out of the fridge. It will need to be at room temperature for at least 15 mins.
- Grab your 5 apples and slice the top and bottom off. Then you’ll want to peel and dice all 5 apples and add them to a bowl. Next you’ll want to add the juice of 1 lemon, sugar, cinnamon, all spice and a pinch of salt.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and cook on med heat. When you’re butter melts add in your apple mixture. Cook your apples on medium heat for a couple mins to release their apple juices -we’ll be using those juices later create an apple glaze.
- Remove the apples and add them to the bow leaving the juices behind.
- Next you’ll want to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay your pre-made pie crust on top. Make sure to let your pre-made crust sit at room temperature so it’s easily foldable. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. I stretched the edges of my pie crust just a little bit being careful not to tear them.
- Next sprinkle on some sugar on the top of your pie crust. And then add your apples. Make there is no liquid before adding them to the center of the pie crust. Once your apples have been added you’ll want to fold the edges in over your apples. Gently tuck and fold.
- Once all the edges have been folded in about an inch or so you’ll be brushing those edges with melted butter and lastly sprinkling with some sugar. You’ll also want to sprinkle some sugar on the top of your apples.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 mins.
- As your dessert cooks you’ll be getting your Apple glaze ready. With the liquid still in the pot you’ll want to reduce it by cooking on medium to high heat until you get a thicker consistency. As the sugar cooks and heats up it will thicken. When you get the right consistency add it to a cup and set it aside.
- When your Apple galette is done cooking you can easily heat up your apple glaze in the microwave for 40 seconds or until it’s at the right consistency to drizzle on your apple galette. You can make this dessert a couple hours before eating and if you’d like you can easily warm it up in the oven for 5 mins before cutting. I left mine on the same pan.
- You can find the “how to” video on YouTube at City Foodie Farm.