Cauliflower Tacos topped with a sweet and spicy slaw
I love making cauliflower tacos! Especially cauliflower tacos topped with a sweet and spicy slaw.
I really enjoy cooking with cauliflower. It’s a great substitute for chicken. If you’re looking to incorporate more meatless meals into your meal plan, cauliflower is a great vegetable to use. It’s actually one of my favorite vegetables to use in the place of chicken. This vegetable will surprise you!
In this cauliflower taco recipe you will be using lots of healthy ingredients. You will be using cauliflower, onions, peppers, garlic and if you make the slaw you will need some purple cabbage.
Cauliflower tacos are one of my favorite weeknight meals
I understand how busy the weeks can get. This recipe is really easy to put together. You simply cut your vegetables, add them to a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, add the seasoning and bake it in the oven. These tacos have great flavor too, especially when you top it with the sweet and spicy slaw. They would be a great addition to any Taco Tuesday!
Have you heard of meatless Monday?
For health reasons many people are deciding to go meatless at least one day a week. It’s not only healthy for you but also for our planet. I’ve always thought incorporating meatless meals was a great idea! I think you’ll be surprised how many great plant based recipes are available when you start looking. It might help you lose weight and save you money.
We’ve always made meatless meals for the fact we have a vegetarian in our house. It really drives our decisions on what kind of meals we make. If you’re a vegetarian, or just simply trying to go meatless this cauliflower taco recipe is a delicious meal to try!
Growing up I hated meat. Every Sunday my mom would make a special meal that involved some kind of meat. These special meals were never my favorite. I always made sure to have my napkin ready to hid what ever I didn’t want to swallow. It’s really interesting to think back to your childhood and realize what shaped you. My favorite food memory was having some frozen vegetables, baked potato and a pile of butter toast. I am so thankful for those great memories!
Just like growing up, I really prefer eating meatless meals. The change now is I actually enjoy eating meat on occasion. I’m definitely not as adventurous as my husband, who eats anything. The list of what I’ll eat has really grown over the years. Our trips to new restaurants and finding the love for cooking has really changed how I eat and feel about food. My favorite Sunday meal would have to be some BBQ ribs. I’m curious…What’s your favorite meal?
Food creates memories
Like it or not food creates memories. My hope for my children is that I’m creating great memories around food. I hope they grow up and share some of the same passion for food and gardening that I do. What’s your favorite food memory? Comment below I would love to her from you!
If you think these cauliflower tacos look delicious you’ll find the recipe card below….
Cauliflower Tacos topped with a sweet and spicy slawDifficulty: Easy
1/2 head of cauliflower
Your choice of peppers- Use 2-3 bell peppers and thinly sliced
Your choice of a hot pepper – poblano, Serrano, or jalapeño thinly sliced
1 yellow onion thinly sliced
4-5 cloves of garlic- leave them whole, remove the peel
1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt & pepper
- Sweet and spicy slaw
2 cups of purple cabbage thinly sliced
1/2 jalapeño- diced, remove the seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon citrus champagne vinegar
Juice of 1 orange
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You’ll what to first prep your veggies. Slice your onions, peppers, whole garlic cloves then add them to your sheet pan.
- Next drizzle on a little more olive oil and sprinkle on the taco seasoning pack and mix it around. Make sure everything is coated in this taco seasoning.
- Now you’re veggies are ready for the oven. You’ll be baking your cauliflower and tacos for 30-45 mins or until you see some color and they are not soggy. While it bakes you can get your sweet and spicy slaw ready.
- Sweet and spicy slaw
- First grab a bowl and add 2 cups of thinly sliced purple cabbage. Next add your diced jalapeño. 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of citrus champagne vinegar and the juice of 1 orange. Season it with some salt and pepper, mix and set it aside. That’s it!
- Next you’ll want to warm your tortillas. Add your cauliflower ingredients on your tortilla then top it with the sweet and spicy slaw. Or add any topping that you choose.
- Here’s another option…instead of adding the slaw add some fresh salsa, lettuce and cheeses for something different. Both are delicious!
- Visit us on Youtube for the “How to” video. Come cook with us!
*Recipe & blog post updated November 2020
Hungry for more?
City Foodie Farm is now on Youtube
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved
1 thought on “Cauliflower Tacos topped with a sweet and spicy slaw”