These Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas are so easy to make and so delicious!
If your looking for something to spice up your boring Taco Tuesday these Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas might be the dish for you. Did I mention how delicious these enchiladas are? I truly can’t stop thinking about them. This is the perfect recipe to share after my long break from writing.
If you didn’t notice I’ve been a little absent on my blog for awhile now. If you’ve missed my recipes you’ll be able to find some new delicious recipes on my youtube channel. I’ve been pouring a lot of my time and energy into creating content to try and build a channel. It’s been a lot of blood, sweat and tears hahaha. I am thankful it has pushed me to learn something new and grow in some areas. Thank you to those of you who have been supportive through this journey. I really appreciate it!
This sure has been an interesting year. For me It’s been a year of teaching and helping my little ones with school. Thankfully kids are back in school and with the covid-19 vaccines things are slowly starting to go back to normal.
As I sit here writing I have to say it feels really good! My house is quiet, the birds are chirping, the cool air is blowing through my window as we speak. It’s starting to really feel like spring!
Now let’s get back to this delicious Chicken Enchilada Recipe……
Let me explain a little bit about how these enchiladas are made…First you’ll be sautéing some chicken breasts with a little garlic, jalapeño and onions. Next you’ll want to submerged the chicken and allow it to finish cooking in the delicious green chili enchilada sauce for 30 mins. After it’s done cooking you can slice the chicken in small pieces to get ready to assemble your enchiladas.
First you’ll want to dip each side of the flour tortilla in that delicious green sauce and add the tortilla to the plate.
Next you’ll be adding some chicken, cheese and chopped cilantro to the tortilla and roll it up. Place it in a baking dish that has a little bit of that green sauce at the bottom. Make sure to keep a towel handy, your hands will be a little messy. I promise this meal is worth it!
You’ll want to add the remaining sauce to the top of your enchiladas, sprinkle on some cheese and chopped cilantro.
You’ll be cooking your enchiladas at 400 degrees for 30 mins. No need to cover these with tin foil. You could also increase the temp to 425 for the last couple mins to get the top nice and brown. Let your enchiladas cool for a couple mins before cutting into them. They will be hot!
What do you think? I promise your going to love these chicken enchiladas…Recipe card is below. Feel free to pin it to your Pinterest board and share this recipe with others.
Green Chili Chicken EnchiladasCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 chicken breasts- sliced in half to make them thinner
1 jalapeño-diced & remove the seeds
3 cloves of garlic-minced
3 cans of green chili sauce (smaller cans) I used the Las Palmas brand
2 blocks of Monterey Jack cheese
5-6 flour tortillas
Salt & pepper
Half an onion-diced
- First you’ll want to grab all your ingredients
- With a meat cutting board slice your 2 chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. Season the 4 breasts with salt and pepper -both sides
- Next add a little bit of olive oil to a pan (make sure it’s big enough to hold 3 cans of sauce. I used a bigger saute pan.
- On low to medium heat add in your onions. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in your jalapeño and garlic and allow it to saute for a couple mins. Next add in the chicken. You only want to cook each side for a couple mins. Remember you will be cooking your chicken in the green sauce. Be careful not to burn your garlic in this process.
- Next add 3 cans of that green chili enchilada sauce. You’ll want to let this cook for the next 25-30 mins with a lid on. Cook this on low heat.
- As the chicken cooks you can get your cheese ready. Grate your cheese and have it ready on a plate. You’ll also need a baking dish to cook your enchiladas in.
- After the 30 mins. Remove the chicken from the sauce and slice it into little pieces and add it to a plate.
- Next preheat your oven to 400 degrees. You’ll want to have a little assembly line ready to go. Your chicken, sauce, cheese and cilantro and of course your flour tortillas. Add some sauce to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Next dip your flour tortilla into the green sauce and make sure each side is covered in sauce then add it to a plate. Now add some chicken, top with cheese and chopped cilantro then roll it up and add it to the baking dish. Continue this until all your enchiladas have been filed.
- Next add the remaining sauce to the top of your completed enchiladas and then top them with cheese and some cilantro. And that’s it! They are ready. Cook them in a 400 degree oven for approx 30 mins. You will be cooking these uncovered. If you want to top a little brown increase the temp to 425 for the last couple mins.
- Allow it to rest for a couple mins before cutting. I added some queso fresco cheese to the top of mine and some diced onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lime . It was so good. Now your can enjoy these delicious chicken enchiladas!
- Please watch my how to video on YouTube to help you along the way ⬇️
I hope you guys really enjoyed this recipe today and I hope you can try it sometime. I know I’ll be making these chicken enchiladas again for my family. Even the leftovers were delicious! If you like this recipe please subscribe to my blog and I would love to see you all visit me on my YouTube channel as well.
Learn. Garden. Cook. Repeat.