These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are so yummy!!
This Apple Cinnamon Muffin recipe is so easy to make!! If you love apple pie, I think you’ll enjoy these muffins. I am definitely a fan of making muffins these days, and I love creating my own muffin recipes. I remember waking up in the wee hours thinking about these Apple Cinnamon muffins, so I had to make them!
This recipe has a similar topping as our cinnamon & sugar blueberry muffins. These muffins are a little different, and they have pieces of apples folded in. The cinnamon & sugar, and the apple chunks pair so well together! Put that in a muffin and it’s so good!!
I love anything Apple.
It brings me back to our experience this past fall at the apple orchard. It was our first time buying a frozen apple pie at the orchard. We had no clue if it was going to be good, but these frozen pies were flying off the shelf. So we thought we’ll try one a try. We waited for the perfect time to cook it. We brought it to Thanksgiving this year. We crossed our fingers as we cooked it at my sisters. To our surprise, it was actually really good!
My family loves homemade Apple pie. This pie was good but it didn’t even come close to my grandma’s apple pie she makes. It’s the best!! Same with her fudge. I hope to learn how to make my own homemade pie someday. I’ve only had a glass pie dish which seems like forever…Thankfully I’ve found other uses for it haha.
My sister is actually a pro at pie-making. She is always making pumpkin pies for her thanksgivings and sometimes blueberry pie. She even makes ones with fancy crusts. It looks like she may need to teach me something.
For now I’ll stick to making these Apple Cinnamon Muffins…..
Please subscribe…Follow us as we create more dishes and dig in the dirt.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 Stick of unsalted softened butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of diced apples (I used honey crisp)
1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup milk
- Cinnamon & Sugar topping
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Next wash, peel and dice your apples. You’ll need 1 cup of diced apples for your muffins.
- Add 1 stick of softened unsalted butter to a mixing bowl. Then add 1 cup of granulated sugar and use a hand mixer to cream everything together.
- Next, add 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix on low.
- Then add 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Next, add 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of greek vanilla yogurt and combine. Your batter will seem dry. Add in 1/4 cup of milk to help mix everything together.
- Finally, add in 1 cup of diced apples and combine them.
- Once your muffin batter is ready it’s time to mix your Cinnamon & Sugar topping. Grab a bowl and add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and mix. Set aside.
- Next, get your muffin pan and liners ready. You’ll want to add a little bit of the batter to each liner. Then sprinkle on some cinnamon & sugar topping.
- Top each muffin off with more batter (all the batter should be used)
- And lastly, sprinkle on more Cinnamon & Sugar topping on the top of each muffin. You’ll be using the rest of the cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Now bake your muffins at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins. Check them at 20 mins. You’ll probably need a couple of extra mins. Mine was a tad bit overdone at 25 mins.
I hope you enjoy these yummy Apple Cinnamon Muffins!! If you like this recipe, please share it with a friend!! Thank you!!
Recent posts on City Foodie Farm….
- Baked Goat Cheese Pasta Dish
- Crispy Taco Seasoned Potatoes
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Apple Galette
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
If you like eating healthy and eating for a purpose check out Medical Medium. I love this books!!
If you would like to be notified when something new is posted, please make sure to follow us. And if you make one of our recipes, we would love to hear from you! Please share a picture and tag us on Instagram @ #cityfoodiefarm or follow and tag us on Facebook @ City Foodie Farm. Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved