Easy BBQ chicken sandwich topped with coleslaw
This Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwich topped with coleslaw is not only easy but it’s so good! Do you need an easy meal tonight? I love picking up a rotisserie chicken for those days I need something quick! And the reason I love rotisserie chicken is you can freeze the rest to make chicken noodle soup or just some stock. It’s like 2 meals in one. If you need a soup recipe, we’ve got you covered.
I wanted to share this meal idea with you all because it’s delicious!! And you might have most of the ingredients already? But you will still have to pick up that rotisserie chicken!!
I don’t know why I love this sandwich so much, but I do! Maybe it’s because it’s quick to make. Or maybe it’s because the BBQ sauce tastes so darn good with this coleslaw. My absolute favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s. We use it on our ribs and chicken. It’s the best! The only thing you’ll be making with this recipe is the coleslaw.
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1 pack of hamburger buns
- 1 pack of coleslaw mix (You’ll use 2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You want to heat up your rotisserie chicken for about 10-15 mins.
- While your chicken is warming up. You’ll want to make your coleslaw.
- Grab a bowl, and add 2 cups of your coleslaw mix. and 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar. and mix. If you feel like it needs more of the coleslaw add another cup. I found 3 cups was just right! Put it in the fridge while you get your other ingredients ready.
- When your chicken is ready, you’ll want to take the desired meat off your rotisserie chicken and put it in a bowl. I love to just use the breasts. But if your feeding a larger family you might want to use more of it.
- Now drizzle BBQ sauce on your Meat and toss.
- Get your buns ready, and take your coleslaw out of the fridge.
- Start by adding some chicken to your bun then a little coleslaw and add any chips or sides desired.
To warm your chicken with the BBQ sauce just zap it in the microwave for 1-2 mins before adding it to the bun.
Serve it with chips or oven fries. You can find our oven fry recipe here.
Don’t forget to save your leftover rotisserie chicken…
Make sure you save your leftover rotisserie chicken. Put it in a large ziplock bag and place it in the freezer. You can use it later for soups or even for making your own homemade chicken stock. Our chicken noodle soup recipe would be perfect to use after this meal. It’s like 2 meals in 1!
I hope you enjoy this easy meal idea! Some nights, we just don’t have the time. But this meal is still homemade and delicious!
Please subscribe and you’ll be notified by email when something new is posted on City Foodie Farm
For more from City Foodie Farm
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
- Summer Garden Baked Rigatoni
- Baked Goat Cheese Pasta Dish
- Crispy Taco Seasoned Potatoes
If you like eating healthy check out Medical Medium. I love his books!
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved