These Pumpkin Seed & Cranberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are so good!
We don’t always have time to sit down and eat breakfast. Am I right? I know, we all have those days. Or sometimes we just need a healthy snack, right? These oatmeal breakfast bars are not only good tasting but they are packed with the good stuff! Stuff that is healthy for you! And you can easily make them yourself! You are going to love these Pumpkin Seed & Cranberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars!!
This recipe is for when I feel like I need to hop on the healthy train. I make sure to whip up a batch of these, and have them ready in my freezer. They are for those busy mornings, Or even work great as a snack to get you through the day.
I remember discovering this recipe on pinterest, maybe 5 or so years ago. I’ll link it below. I’m sure my family and friends recall me raving about these oatmeal bars. I remember trying to share it with anyone I could. Seriously….
They truly got me through some work days. I can remember eating them now. They are so good and portable, and healthy. Honestly I should eat these more often. I’ve have tweaked the recipe over the years. And recently attempted to make them with no dairy, and no sugar. Guess what? They are delicious!! And that is the recipe, I’m going to share with you.
These oatmeal bars contain no egg, and no milk, and no butter. All the good stuff here. There’s pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, chia seeds, oats, honey and coconut milk (the kind you buy in the milk section) If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s delicious! I’m a first timer, I usually will buy some almond milk. When I try to avoid dairy. They actually have so many options. Like cashew milk, coconut milk, soy milk etc. So I had to try it!
You can make these up, and freeze them! For an easy breakfast on the go. Or bring it to work, and have it for a mid day snack. I guess it beats going to the vending machine. I remember those days. My favorite was the peanut M&M’s. When I was pregnant that was definitely my go to! I was scared my little one was going to turn into one hahaha.
I haven’t had these oatmeal bars for awhile, but since I just made some, I finally have some in my freezer to start the week out right! And I’m so happy for that! I hope you can make some too!
How to make the Oatmeal bars
Recipe inspired and adapted from Kath Eats, the recipe I’m sharing with you has more oats, more cinnamon, and more vanilla, made with coconut milk (from the milk section) and cooked less. The link for the original recipe will be at the bottom.
- 1/2 Cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas or Pumpkin seeds (roasted, salted)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups Old fashioned oats
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Silk Coconut Milk (found in the milk section)
- Coconut Oil (to grease your pan)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Start with a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of oats, 1/2 cup pepitas, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup chia seeds. Then 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Now add 1/4 cup of honey and 1 1/2 cups of silk coconut milk.
- And stir everything together.
- Now get your pan ready. I used a glass baking dish 8 x 11. Grease your pan with some coconut oil. I smeared it around the pan with a paper towel. Making sure it was coated.
- Now pour your oatmeal mixture into your greased baking dish. Flatten and smooth out your mixture with a spoon.
- Add dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds to the top sparingly.
- Put your baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins. Or longer.
- Then take it out and let it cool before cutting your oatmeal bars.
- I cut mine into 6 larger bars, but you can cut them anyway you like. 8 bars would be perfect!
- Then wrap them in parchment paper, and put them into a ziplock bag and into the freezer for future breakfasts or snacks.
- When your ready to eat them, just place them in the microwave for 1 min wrapped in the parchment paper or a paper towel. And they are warmed up and ready to eat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me. If you want to see where I originally found this recipe years ago check out Kath Eats https://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-oatmeal-snack-bars As you can tell mine have been tweaked over the years, but I’m so thankful I stumbled across these when I did!! I’ve really enjoyed these over the years!!
More Oatmeal Recipes…..
Don’t miss another Recipe, Please subscribe. Thank you!!
Recent Recipes posted….
- Baked Goat Cheese Pasta Dish
- Crispy Taco Seasoned Potatoes
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Apple Galette
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright 2020 -City Foodie Farm -All Rights Reserved